Friday, June 15, 2007

Weekend 2 Adventure-Scotland















So this last weekend was interesting & a true adventure to say the least! A group of about 12 of us took a five hour train ride to Edinburgh from London and arrived in Edinburgh around 11:00 am on Saturday to find that it was super cold and rainy! This wasn't good considering that a lot of the people in our group wore flip-flops and shorts/skirts. Yeah big mistake! Luckily I happened to wear pants & shoes that covered my feet. That didn't stop me from getting soaked however, along with the rest of the group. While there, we stayed in a very interesting hostel. Lets just say that we were grateful for our place back in London. I kept reminding myself that it's all about the experience and it's what you make of it. It was funny. While there we visited the Edinburgh Castle that lies on top of a mountain, that was really cool. I posted some pictures of it. Things got really crazy when it started to lightly snow! None of us were expecting this. Overall culturally Edinburgh was really cool though, the architecture was amazing as well. There were bagpipers in kilts playing on the streets which looked & sounded so neat. I even stole a picture with one of the Scotsman Guards! Its too bad we didn't get nicer weather. On Sunday we left Edinburgh and took another train to Glasgow, and then on to Preswick. Glasgow was a really neat town and we finally got blue sky and some sun, which we were all grateful for. Then in Preswick, we were going to go to another castle, but we ran out of time, so we just ended up going to the beach, which turned out to be really neat & nice. Up until this point it was hard to imagine going to the ocean over here. Now I can say I have! I've posted some pictures from all of the exciting happenings on our weekend adventure...I will probably never forget Edinburgh though, that's for sure!

1 comment:

jenwheatley said...

It looks like you made it to scotland! I wish we could have been there at the same time. It looks beautiful! I leave saturday, but I'll be sure to stay in touch. I miss you and can't wait get all the details about your travels when you return. Have fun!