Friday, June 15, 2007

Cambridge














Yesterday we went to Cambridge & toured the town, churches, and University. This town was charming as well. We saw the best example of fan vaulting in the King's College Cathedral. It was breathtaking! We also went to the Fitzwilliam Museum & went punting-the equivalent of a gondola ride in Venice, only it was in England. While punting, we passed one of the sites used to film Harry Potter. It's the pic with the ivy covered building... This was probably my favorite part of the day! We also ventured through a down pour of rain, which was also an adventure! Here are some pics of the sites, and us soaking wet...

1 comment:

Holly said...

I love your pictures! I took so many of the same shots, but you're seeing a lot of things we didn't visit last year too. I love Cambridge - one of my favorite places. I can't believe you got pictures inside King's College Cathedral. We weren't allowed to so I sketched like crazy. It looks like you're having as much fun as I did. It's too bad we couldn't go the same year!