Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Day 1 in Venice















Our time in Venice was short unfortunately. I fell in love with the place from the moment I arrived! We checked into our hotel which was a few streets over from the train stop, so carrying our luggage around in the heat was a blast….haha. That’s when I regretted having so much stuff. It was all good though, I made it. After we got settled in we took a short train ride into town and walked around and got acquainted with the town. We took a water taxi to get around the first day and got to see a lot of the sites from the water. We stopped off by Saint Mark’s Cathedral & square-which was very cool & then shopped around at all the cute shops & booths that are set up on the streets. Then we had our first dose of real Italian food at this nice restaurant in this ally way. It was delicious! This place intrigued me so much, and I think it was because it all lies on water. Venice is just how it looks in all the pictures-simply charming & loaded with character. It was just how I imaged it. It’s so cool that there is water everywhere, and aged buildings that look like they’re floating & how boats and walking are the two main ways to travel anywhere within! I love Venice…check out the lovely pics!

No comments: